Mr. Dunstan’s practice is focused on income tax planning for individuals and entities, estate planning, and transactional matters, including commercial real estate transactions, representing buyers, sellers, developers, and mortgage lenders, secured financing, business formation and transactions for corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. He received his B.A. from Vanderbilt University and his J.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Law. He is licensed in Tennessee and was admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court (1978) and U.S. Supreme Court (1982).
Selected Professional Awards and Associations
- Member: Memphis, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member: American Bar Association Section on Taxation
- Member: American Bar Association Section on Probate
- Named to Best Lawyers 2017 for Real Estate Law and Tax Law
- Undertook tax and corporate planning on the re-organization of a $10 million private, regional corporation, and its seven subsidiaries.
- Advised and consulted various partnerships and LLC organizations for purchase and operation of apartment complexes, retail offices and shopping centers.
- Advised and converted Limited Partnerships to General Partnerships for tax saving implications; secured a $10 million loan for the purchase of an apartment complex.
- Represented and formed entities in $23 million apartment project
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 1973
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1968
U.S. Tax Court, 1978
U.S. Supreme Court, 1982