For more than 50 years, Mr. Harkavy has engaged in the practice of law with his focus now on business and financing transactions, real estate, and land use planning and zoning matters. He received his B.A. from Vanderbilt University and his J.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Law. He is licensed to practice in Tennessee.
Selected Professional Awards and Associations
- Member: Memphis Bar Association, Board of Directors 1986-1987
- Member; Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member: Tennessee State Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee, 1986-1992.
- Director: Memphis Jewish Community Center, President 1977-1978
- Director: Memphis Jewish Federation, President 1983-1985
- Director: Anshei Sphard Beth El Emeth Synagogue, President 1968-1971
- Director: Memphis Bar Foundation, Treasurer 2002-2004
- Director: Jewish Foundation of Memphis, President 1995-2002
- Former Director: Midtown Mental Health Center
- Former Director: Memphis Urban League
- Former Director: Memphis Heart Association
- Former Director: Jewish Family Services
- Former Director: Memphis Jewish Home
- Closed $60 million refinance with Wachovia Bank on behalf of one of the firm’s hotel ownership corporations. The refinance funded mortgages of seven hotels in three states across the eastern region of the United States.
- Negotiated a multi-tract ingress and egress easement necessary to close a $4.5 million office complex purchase.