Mr. Whitlock concentrates his practice in all areas of litigation. Mr. Whitlock’s experience as a small business owner served as a catalyst for his legal education. His experience includes a broad range of litigation matters including contract disputes and negotiations, Landlord-Tenant matters, personal injury and real property matters. He is licensed to practice in both Tennessee and Mississippi.
Selected Professional Associations and Awards
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- Named as Mid-South Rising Star 2015, 2016 and 2017 by Super Lawyers for Business Litigation
Voted Rising Star three (3) years in a row by Super Lawyers for work in business litigation.
File and prosecute 500+ residential and commercial evictions per month in courts across West Tennessee and North Mississippi.
Represent owners and management entities in debtor bankruptcy filings.
Successfully defended multi-family property owner from multi-million dollar lawsuit based on claims of discrimination.
Represent national banks in obtaining possession of property related to disputed foreclosure sales.
Obtained millions of dollars in settlement funds related to personal injury claims.
- Successfully argued before the Tennessee Court of Appeals that tenants in default of lease must provide 1 year of rent as bond to remain in possession of leased real property when appealed to Circuit Court.
- The University of Memphis Law School, J.D., 2010
- The Royal Victorian University of Manchester, 1996-1997
- The University of Tennessee, B.A.,1996
Shelby County District Attorney’s Office, 2008-2010.