Mr. Harkavy’s practice is concentrated on litigation matters in all courts, primarily in the areas of commercial and business representation, bankruptcy and creditors rights, construction disputes and plaintiff’s personal injury. He regularly represents landlords owning substantial commercial properties and residential apartment complexes. He attended Tel Aviv University and received his B.A. from the University of Michigan. He received his J.D. from Washington University School of Law. He is licensed in Tennessee.
Selected Professional Awards and Associations
- Member: Memphis, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member: Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- Member: Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Counsel: Apartment association of Greater Memphis
- Director: Jewish Foundation of Memphis
- Director: Anshei Sphard Beth El Emeth Synagogue (President May 1999 – May 2002)
- Director: Margolin Hebrew Academy/Feinstone Yeshiva of the South
- Former Director: Memphis Jewish Federation
- Represents a multi-million dollar company, in all areas of litigation relating to real estate financing, development, contracts and purchases.
- Represented family in wrongful death of father due to gross negligence of real estate developer and property Management Company. Lawsuit valued at approximately $648,000.00.
- Consulted on high profile wrongful death suit involving the family of a 12-year old boy beaten to death in his public Jr. High School bathroom
- Represent regional management entity, holding more than 10,000 properties or residential units, in all areas of litigation relating to Landlord/Tenant disputes, tenant default, real estate development, contracts and property purchases.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1985
- Tel Aviv University (1983-1984)